How I’m Keeping Your Family Safe For Your Studio Portrait Session
I AM SO EXCITED TO BE BACK! Yes! This means that I am able schedule studio and outdoor portrait sessions again! With a few added studio reopening and cleaning policies, I am ready to be doing what I love again! As a Camp Hill Newborn Baby & Family Photographer, it has always been a priority to take extraordinary safety precautions to protect my clients during their portrait sessions. From safely posing your newborn to extensive cleaning practices for my studio. I pride myself in maintaining the highest level of safety in my industry.
Health and safety has certainly been a concern over these past few months due to COVID-19. Because I am a newborn photographer, studio hygiene and cleaning policies have ALWAYS been a top priority at Karissa Zimmer Photography. I know we are in a time where clients and families want to know a little bit more about what that entails. Especially because I interact and work with the tinyest members of your family, here are some ways that I work to protect them and your entire family.
Safety and Cleaning Policies I have always used
- I thoroughly clean before and after each client that comes into the studio. Each consultation, portrait session and ordering appointment. This includes cleaning floors, sanitizing all hard surfaces, cleaning the restroom, wiping door knobs, switches and appliances.
- All fabrics and props are washed after each newborn session. Beyond washing fabrics that just baby comes in contact with. I frequently wash/clean other surfaces such as pillows and cushions.
- HAND WASHING. I very frequently wash my hands during a newborn session. Not only does it help warm up my cold hands before I touch baby, but soap and water is the most effective way to kill germs on skin. I’ve always looked at my tiny clients as these perfect, new creatures that I want to protect from any possible germs and illness.
- It has always been a priority to me to give my clients my undivided attention. Rest assured that when you are working with me, I will be the only person in the studio with your family.
- Again, because being fully present with each client is important to me, I have only ever booked one client in the studio per day. This also gives me time to do a full cleaning before I welcome my next client in.
- Sick Policy: I will absolutely never work or meet with a client while I am sick. Even if just a case of the sniffles. I ask that you do the same. If your baby or someone in your family is sick or has a fever, I ask that you reschedule. I ask that clients please contact me if any member of the family is exhibiting cold or flu symptoms within 72 hours of your appointment.
Enhanced safety and cleaning procedures implemented in Studio Reopening and Cleaning Policies
In acknowledgment of the current health crisis, I am going above and beyond to assure the utmost in saftey for my clients. In addition to all of the standard safety and cleaning procedures listed above, I will now also implement the following enhanced procedures and policies for all portrait sessions:
- Clients will be asked to wash hands upon entering.
- Photographer will wear a face mask during all newborn sessions.
- I will kindly ask that you remove shoes upon entering.
- All props will be provided by me in the studio. No outside props, please.
- Only immediate family members and persons being photographed are permitted to attend.
- Camera and lighting gear will be disinfected prior to the session.
- An ozone generator will be safely run in studio between each client to eliminate any airborne (microorganisms) bugs!
Thank you to all my wonderful clients for your support!
I want to thank all my clients for all of your support over the years and especially through the past few months. Your loyalty and encouragement mean the world to me. Karissa Zimmer Photography is a professional photography studio dedicated to photographing newborn babies, families and high school seniors since 2010. Karissa Zimmer Photography studio is located in Camp Hill Pa and serves all of Central PA including Harrisburg, Mechanicsburg, Hershey and Carlisle. My plan is to continue to provide the highest level of service possible while keeping your newborn baby, children and family safe. As always, my promise is to provide you with the most beautiful keepsake images of the people you love most.
If there is anything we’ve learned throughout the past few months, it’s that life as we know it can change in an instant! Let’s work together to capture some visual memories of the ones you love most. Get in touch HERE to start planning a special portrait session for your newborn baby, family or high school senior. I can’t wait to work with you!